62% of Patients Now Research their Next Doctor ONLINE. Is your WEBSITE creating a good First Impression?
We believe your website is a direct reflection of your practice. We believe an amazing practice deserves an amazing website. 62% of patients now find their next doctor online – is your practice’s website creating a good first impression for them?
Patients are increasingly researching their next doctor online BEFORE scheduling an appointment. According to a 2014 study by Software Advice the number of patients researching their next doctor online increased between 2013-2014 by 68%. The study also found that:
“nearly half of all respondents would go out-of-network for a doctor that has more favorable reviews.”
But what does this mean? What are the implications of this? In short, it means that a doctor’s online reputation is becoming an increasingly important factor for patients when deciding which doctor to choose. In other words, it’s vital that doctors have excellent websites which portray the image the practice wants to portray: Trustworthy, professional, experienced, and capable of successfully treating the patient.
According to Google’s 2015 research:
- 90% of American adults have a cell phone
- 58% of American adults have a smartphone
- 42% of American adults own a tablet
- 32% of American adults own an e-reader
That is why all the websites we build are Responsive Medical Websites. But what is a ‘responsive’ medical website?
In short, a responsive medical website is a website which works well – and looks good – not just on desktops and laptops, but also on smart phones and tablets. Specifically, it usually means:
- One medical website for all devices and browsers: Macs, Laptops,PCs and Mobile Devices
- There is a one URL address for every type of device
- The medical website resolution is changing dynamically, adjusting to the patient device screen, so it looks different on a desktop, on a tablet and on a smartphone (dynamic layout changes, automatic text size adjustments and improved mobile usability)
One more thing! Don’t forget to make your medical website easy-to-find (Medical SEO)
In addition to building medical websites for doctors which make a great first impression, we also know how to promote this website in Google Searches. We have eight years experience in creating medical websites and running medical SEO campaigns. This includes SEO for doctors, SEO for medical clinics, and SEO for most medical specialties (click to view a list of our medical SEO specialties). We even take care of the ‘social media marketing’ part of marketing (writing blogs, running social media campaigns including Facebook fanpages, Twitter, Google + and LinkedIn). The combination of SEO and social media campaigns leads to significant increases in traffic to your practice’s website. Studies show that on average 4% of new website traffic converts into new patients. In other words, the more visits you get on your Medical website – the more patients you will have.
A recent example of our work: Orthopaedic Surgery Associates, Florida
- NOT mobile friendly (meaning clients the site did not load well on mobile devices or tablets)
- NOT SEO friendly and did not have good keyword content on the site and in general was not Search Engine Optimized
- NO online forms
- NO Workers’ Compensation Section
- Difficult for patients to schedule
Mobile-friendly site (more and more people are using their cell phones to search for physicians online);
- SEO Optimized (Appears top of Google for keywords like “orthopedic surgeon boynton beach”)
- Online Patient Scheduling (allowing patients to schedule online, saving office staff time);
- Workers’ Compensation Section (dedicated to work comp patients, carriers, and employers);
- Optimized to increase calls to you (Contact information and “Schedule Now” button easy to find – maximizing the conversion from ‘viewing’ to ‘calling’)
- Analytics & Tracking (monthly reports to show volume of traffic, which pages people visit the most, and source of traffic e.g. from social media vs. from Google)
Did you know that in 2016 Google changed its algorithm to give preference to websites which are mobile friendly? According to Google’s announcement, mobile versions of websites will now be indexed first by their search engine. But what does ‘mobile-friendly’ mean?
A mobile friendly website is a website which displays well on mobile-phones (as well as tablets and other small devices).
How do I know if my website is mobile-friendly?
If you’re not sure if your medical website is mobile-friendly, it’s easy to check. Simply type in your website’s url on your phone’s browser and see how it looks. Is it displaying well and is easy for patients to read? Is there a ‘call’ button which they can simply tap and it will call your practice? Factors like this make your website ‘mobile-friendly’. Alternatively, you can use Google’s own “mobile friendly website tester tool” which will tell you within a few seconds if your site is optimized to work well on cell phones and tablets.
What does this mean?
This means if your medical website is not mobile friendly, it is less likely to appear on Google’s first page of search results. That – in turn – means less people are able to find you = less patients.
Why did Google make this change?
Many suspect that it is to match the change in people’s habits. With an ever greater percentage of searches now being made on tablets or mobile devices, it makes sense that Google favors the sites which display correctly on those devices.
As a doctor, what can I do to increase the number of patients who find my website?
We believe that your medical practice will be more successful if it positions itself to capture the 62% of patients (and growing!) who now search for their next doctor online! This is why we recommend that all of our doctors’ websites do the following:
- Ensure that they are modern, professional, and mobile-friendly. After all, you only get ONE chance to make a FIRST IMPRESSION, so make it a good one.
- Once your website is built, consider medical SEO so patients can easily find your website.
- Take advantage of social media marketing and generate more positive online reviews.
Medical Website Design – Pricing
Our mobile-friendly websites are just $99 / month, which includes all taxes, hosting, and website maintenance (there are no extra fees). Our clients love our ongoing maintenance and here’s why: Normally, with other companies, you pay a big lump sum for your website, then – once built – you’re on your own. Or if you want changes, they will charge you a large per hour fee to change or fix anything. However, with our payment model, all necessary ongoing changes are included at no extra cost. Let’s imagine you add a new doctor or location and want to update your website – simply email us the information and we’ll update the website. Simply, quick, easy, and more affordable. What is more, the monthly fee includes the option of us sending you monthly Analytics Reports about website traffic, which pages people visit the most, and source of traffic e.g. from social media vs. from Google.