Urgent Care of the Palm Beaches – Your number one place for a DOT physical in West Palm Beach
If you are a commercial driver in Florida, you are required by the state to pass the Department of Transportation (DOT) health exam. The good news is that once you successfully pass it, you won’t have to take it again for the next 24 months. The DOT physical can be a nerve-wracking experience. It will after all evaluate whether or not you can keep working as a driver. Often people are scared of it because they have no clue what to anticipate.
This article is aimed at helping you understand what the DOT exam consists of and what to expect from it. If you are still looking for the best place to go to for your DOT physical in West Palm Beach, we encourage you to visit our practice. Our medical staff is well-trained to provide the best possible services for you and make sure you won’t get wrongly disqualified.
Walk in clinic in Palm Beach County: What to expect during your DOT exam?
As you know, the DOT physical is designed to determine if a driver’s health condition is good enough for him /her to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle. The exam cannot be skipped as driving without a valid DOT card on the road is illegal. Please find below most frequently asked questions regarding the DOT physical in West Palm Beach that probably have already crossed your mind.
1. What does a DOT Physical in West Palm Beach include?
- Drivers are required to have at least 20/40 vision acuity in each eye (corrective lenses are accepted) and be able to distinguish colors.
- Hearing has to be good enough to take notice of the so called forced whisper at a distance of at minimum 5 feet (hearing aids are acceptable).
- Blood pressure needs to be lower than 160/100 (however, high blood pressure medications are accepted).
- Sugar levels in the blood have to be at a maximum of 200. Moreover, diabetes that requires an insulin injection is not accepted, only diabetes controlled by using oral medication is allowed.
- Additionally, drivers are tested to look for any abnormalities associated with their ears, throat, heart, lungs, chest, abdomen, extremities, and spine. As well as any neurological impairments.
2. Does the DOT physical include a drug test?
Yes, it is necessary for drivers to pass a drug test.
3. What drugs are the drives tested for?
Drivers are tested for drugs, such as: marijuana, opiates, phencyclidine, cocaine and amphetamines.
4. Can I refuse to do the drug test?
Drivers who refuse to take the drug test are treated the same as if the test results were positive.
5. If my drug test is positive, what consequences will I face?
Drivers whose drug test result comes out positive can lose their CDL. Additionally they will be required to meet with a substance abuse professional.
Still have questions about DOT physical in West Palm Beach?
Talk to our Medical Director, or any of our providers to learn more about DOT physical in West Palm Beach. Our doctor will be happy to address any of your concerns that have not been mentioned in this article. Our highly trained staff will gladly walk you through the DOT physical exam as smoothly and stress-free as possible. Give us a call or fill out our online form to schedule your exam. We will provide you with the best service at an affordable price.
This article was written on behalf of the practice by RedCastle Services. RedCastle specializes in Online Marketing for Doctors, including Medical SEO, SEO for doctors, and Medical Website Design. Contact RedCastle Services today to find out how we can help your practice increase its number of online patient referrals.